Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

MONSTROUS!!!





Today, my little kindergartner brought home a bag full of papers. Among them was a page he had colored. While that is not something out of the ordinary, the genre of this particular picture certainly wasn’t something I was accustomed to seeing. It was a picture of “our new president.” Casey even signed and said the word “president” for me.

Despite the fact that I was extremely nauseated at the sight, I was glad to know that at the very least, my son knew a new word. LOL It was also refreshing to know that in his little mind, Mr. Obama is the president and nothing more (unlike a vast amount of those who are practically bowing down to worship him like he’s a god).

I was almost ready to throw the picture away when I noticed what Casey drew on the back of the page. It was a picture of the REAL Barack Obama (well, how he looks on the inside at least). On the back of the page, Casey drew two monsters (at least that‘s my best guess as to what they are! LOL At any rate, they are savage looking creatures). He also wrote the word “up” (which is one of the few words, besides his name, that he writes).

In that moment, the word “up” totally grabbed me. “Keep looking up” was all I could think of. Amen to that!! There are always going to be “monsters” running around in the world, but I don’t have to worry about it. All I have to do is keeping looking “up” to the one who is above all things!! Monsters don’t scare Him, and they don’t scare me because since God is FOR me who can be against me? (Romans 8:31)

Throughout these next four years, I hope to have Casey’s realistic view of Mr. Obama: he’s the president. Period. Nothing more. He is a mere human like everyone else. He’s not God or the savior of America (a nation of which he’s not even a legal citizen - but who cares about that constitutional stipulation right??!). I will pray to my one and only Savior, Jesus Christ, and that He will be with this ordinary man who was carelessly chosen by a nation of people who are forgetting who the true savior is.

I pray that God will move in the hearts of “monsters” everywhere - and I’m meaning that for EVERYONE!! EVERYBODY can be a little “monstrous” sometimes (yep, even me!). I’m not perfect. I have a sinful nature just like every other human being. I NEED Christ to drive the savageness out of me so that I don’t become a monstrous monster who does monstrous things! Did I drive that word home yet? The raging beast can be tamed! Every monster can be redeemed!

Let us hope and pray for miracles in this new administration. Pray for real “change”; changes of heart! That way, monstrosities (like FOCA) won’t become a reality! May the only thing that’s monstrous be our prayers rising “up“ to the Father!!! Grace and peace to all of you!!

No comments: