Pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

The Truth (And My Testimony) About "The Pill"

Anyone who is a frequent reader of my blogs knows how pro-life I am. They also know that I post the American Life League reports. However, the report I'm posting today is one that I was unsure of how to post because it personally affected me. This report has to do with the suppressed truth of "the pill" and their promoted "protest the pill day" which is this Saturday. I can't possibly explain it as well as they can, so I suggest watching the video for yourself by clicking on the link provided: http://blip.tv/file/956836/.

The reason it affected me so much is because I once took the pill. I also had an IUD (Intrauterine device) for a short time after my son was born. So, I didn't know how to go about talking about how the pill kills when I am so guilty of taking it. However, I think now is the time for me to take the risk and share my story....

When I was on the pill prior to the conception of our first child, I had thought that the pill simply prevented you from getting pregnant. I was under the impression that fertilization (or even ovulation) wasn't possible when you were on the pill. I had no idea that one could have an abortion without even knowing it! How? Well, the pill thins the lining of the uterus which makes it impossible for a fertilized egg to implant (if fertilization has occurred). Therefore, my husband and I very well might have suffered the loss of a child without even realizing it.

And, the situation with the IUD, is also very similar. It does everything the pill does and then some. I had it implanted after I had my first child and had it for year or so. However, it started causing major problems for me; problems my doctor knew FULL WELL could have happened but neglected to tell me about!! Prior to having the IUD I was prone to ovarian cysts (which are harmless but painful). So, after an intense episode of suffering agonizing and crippling pain from the IUD (I could barely walk or stand - it got THAT BAD!!), I had it promptly removed. It was only then that my doctor mentioned that IUDs can aggravate cysts and make them even more painful. (GEE, THANKS DOC!! I could have been spared a lot of pain had you told me BEFORE!).

Anyways, that right there should be enough to tell you what the real motivation behind birth control is (which ALL clearly elaborates on in the video I referenced). Birth control has nothing to do with "women's health" and it can and will damage a woman’s health (as evidenced by my testimony)!! If you go to www.thepillkills.com you will learn about the side effects and health risks of the pill - things I didn't find out until after the fact. You know, I just don't understand why the medical community (who is supposed to CARE ABOUT and PREVENT health problems) are HIDING information and dangers about things like this and deceiving women everywhere - myself included. But, what can you expect. The drug companies and doctors are just filling each others' pockets and as God's Word says: "For the love of money is the root of all evil...." - 1 Timothy 6:10. Oh what people will do for MONEY.......and they don't care who they hurt or who could possibly even die from their lies (remember the birth control patch that they pulled from the market? How about RU-486 which they are trying to make readily available? Pay attention people!!).

I regret my decisions. I have wrestled with guilt over taking the pill and having that IUD. I have also beat myself up over the fact that I had my tubes tied after having my second c-section. Though, all these things are mistakes that I can't change; only learn from and tell others about so they don't have the same regrets. So, while I have never had a voluntary and willful abortion, I might have had one without even knowing it while I was on birth control. And, sadder still, I am not able to have any more children. Both children had to be delivered by c-section, and I didn't think my body could keep getting cut open time after time. So, I don't know for sure whether tying my tubes was a horrible sin, but I have had my qualms and regrets about it. At least I have the assurance of knowing that Jesus does forgive me for my mistakes.......now, I just have to forgive myself.

So, there you have it. You can judge me if you want to, but I can assure you that I already feel bad enough. I am forgiven and it's all under the blood; just as it is with anyone who has ever made a mistake. Now, you all know why I am all the more passionate about pro-life issues....it's because in some small way, I am like all the other victimized women who have been deceived and robbed of their children through abortion, contraception, etc. and that's why I fight hard to make sure no one else has to suffer and no more lives have to be lost If you want to judge and condemn me for my mistakes or position on these issues, that's alright - just do it silently. Please show some compassion and courtesy and spare me the harsh words, and don't downplay the impact because I, and other women, really are hurt by this regardless of if you believe the truth of what contraception/abortion really is/does. I appreciate your understanding. Thank you, and God bless you!!

No comments: