Pages

Friday, June 5, 2009

Leaving for My First Mission Trip on Sunday!

This Sunday, I will be leaving for my first mission trip with a bunch of friends from church. We will be going to the Galilean Children’s Home in Kentucky. Please, pray for a safe trip and that we’ll be able to serve them in whatever way we are needed.

This is my first mission trip. This is all new to me. Undoubtedly, I will have a lot to report when I get back…..but until then, I pray that you will check out their link and prayerfully consider giving to the ministry (as they are in desperate need).

I also ask that you would keep my husband and children in your prayers as well. This is the first time I will be away from my kids for a whole week. While I am thrilled to have a break from them (LOL) I will miss them IMMENSELY! This is most definitely something that is out of my “comfort zone” (hence why I need to go all the more!). I am looking forward to spending time with my friends from church and serving in whatever way possible. It will no doubt be a time of fellowship and growth!!

Well, enjoy the break from my blogging because ya’ll are going to have lots to read when I return (no doubt about it!! LOL). I may or may not get around to blogging this Sunday’s sermon. Though, the GOOD news is that according to the Life Church Facebook page, they are going to start VIDEO PODCASTING!!! So, that will be great!! Now, you’ll be able to see/hear the sermons. Although, it might be awkward for me in the event that I am performing onstage (via choir or drama team) lol. I’ll be sure to warn you in the event that that happens! Ha ha!!

Anyways, just thought I would let you all know! I might have a couple blogs to post before I leave on Sunday, but I just thought I would get this posted (so that’s one less thing I’ll have to do before I go!). I’ll be back online around the 15th. Your prayers are much appreciated!! Grace and peace to all of you!! God bless you!!

Melissa :)

No comments: