Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Casey is Hooked on Scouting!

Casey's homemade fishing lures!
"Mom, look what I made!" That's the phrase that every Mom loves to hear no matter how old her child gets! When they're young, it's coloring pages and homemade creations. Now, it's duct tape wallets and fishing lures that they are making in Boy Scouts. I'm so proud of him!

He also told me about how they played dodgeball again. This time, he described to me in great detail about how he "threw a ball at his opponent" lol. He also used the word "rival" (I love his word choices lol). He told me he actually hit someone and got him out! "Did anyone get YOU out?" I asked. He smiled and said, "NOPE!" He also explained to me the rules of the game and I was thrilled to see that he not only understood how it worked now, but he was getting a lot better at it!

He's also made at least one friend as a result of the Boy Scouts. I remember on the first day of school my daughter had come home saying she made five new friends. Casey said that he had tried, but that no one wanted to be his friend. It made me sad, because I know he tries, but he doesn't always socialize in a way where people can connect with him. Now, I ask him if he has any friends and he says, "Yes, Kai is my friend. He's in Boy Scouts with me." You have no idea how HUGE this is! At the dinner last week, we sat with Kai and his Mom. He and Casey seem to really get along well and I'm so glad that Casey has been able to connect with someone! It makes me so happy that I get teared up!

I continue to be amazed at just how much it means to Casey to be in the Boy Scouts. It's helping him mature and he's enjoying socialization and participation like never before! He reminds me constantly, "Mom, Tuesday is Boy Scouts!" He even writes it in his assignment book with a big exclamation point on every Tuesday entry. That's why it's so important that we continue to get his popcorn sold. Right now, we're at around $200.00 in popcorn sales; which is still short of the $600 minimum and the $1600 goal for FREE residence camp. Scouting isn't cheap, so we really need to sell a lot of popcorn so Casey can keep being in Scouts and we don't have to worry about how to pay for all the odds and ends that go with it. So, basically, we need to sell popcorn to about 70 more people. I have TONS of family and friends on Facebook; not to mention whomever may be reading this on the world wide web (so I don't understand why we haven't hit goal already lol. C'mon, folks!).

If you are in any way inspired and touched by my sweet boy who is enjoying the Boy Scouts, and not letting his own hurdles get him down, then please buy some popcorn from Casey's Dino Raptor Snack Shack (or select the option to gift it to our military if you aren't a popcorn eater). I know that it's probably one of those things where you look at the goods and the prices and maybe think twice about buying. However, think of what you are investing in. Casey and these kids are the boys that are (and will be) serving their communities in the future. They are the young men that are learning survival skills and character; the kind of good boys that you want dating your daughters or saving your life if an accident happened. When you buy that popcorn, don't think of it as a pricey snack that you're buying. Think of it as a donation to one of this nation's great institutions and the popcorn as a "thank you" gift for doing so. We're buying some too, people lol. I could buy popcorn at any grocery store, but this popcorn is the only popcorn that puts a smile on my son's face, a Scout shirt on his back, and gets him to residence camp where he'll no doubt have a life-changing experience learning new things! I'm happy to be a part of that! Please, join us!

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Thank you so much for your support! Please, share this blog and these posts with your friends and on social media! We sure would appreciate it! #caseysdinoraptorsnackshack !! God bless you!

No comments: