Pages

Monday, May 2, 2016

Come What May....TOMORROW!!!

Tonight, I watched my girls in a Spring Program at school. The grade below them sang classic songs from the musical "Annie" (which I adored because I used to watch the 1982 movie all the time and LOVED the songs!). When they started singing "Tomorrow", I got the same chills that I always do. Does anyone else tear up when they hear it?! It's so filled with hope, optimism, and perseverance. It's inspiring!

Car Selfie On The Way To The Rally!
The song made me think of how my family and I had spent the day. We got the rare and unique opportunity to experience a political rally. It isn't very often that Indiana's vote matters so much! It's VERY exciting! Therefore, we made sure to go to the Ted Cruz rally in Fort Wayne.

It was a wonderful experience! We greatly enjoyed gathering with 2,000 fellow patriots who are firm believers in our constitution and faith in God. The speakers were all fantastic! There was a local pastor that encouraged us with these two verses from the Bible; describing how it was easy to discern who to vote for. God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble (James 4:5-7) and you can't serve both God and money (Matthew 6:24). He said there's been one candidate that constantly boasts and is always talking about his wealth (HINT: It's NOT Ted Cruz!). So, if he's opposing the "proud" one who is boasting about his riches (and it's easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven), don't we want to be on GOD'S side? I know I do! That's why we have been supporting Ted Cruz because not only has he been fighting for our constitutional rights (and will continue to do so), but he has the character and humility needed to be a SERVANT for God and country!

That same pastor that shared those verses also shared with us that he had gotten a personal call from Cruz's father. They talked for 20 minutes or more and he said that he was amazed at his knowledge of the scriptures and could tell he was a brother in the Lord and that his family had been immersed in the Christian faith all their lives. The pastor asked him if he could count on the fact that when Cruz is president, he will be on his knees in prayer in that oval office depending on God and asking him what to do (and especially in the toughest decisions when it's hard to know what to do). He assured him with confidence that he would absolutely be doing that because that is the way they have always lived their faith in their family.

I think that that part of the rally really resonated with me the most. Of course, I also enjoyed Glen Beck and how he re-told the story of George Washington's leadership, hardships, and service to the country (and that that's what our country needs to remember and fight for right now). I was also energized and thrilled to hear Ted Cruz speak. However, the words from that pastor gave a new insight into Ted's heart and faith foundation. It cemented into my mind the fact that Ted Cruz is the right, best, and only choice!

When the rally was over, we pushed forward to the front to see if we could meet with Cruz for a few moments. My daughter, Gianna, had written a letter of encouragement for him that we gave to WOWO's Pat Miller to give to him (he assured us he would make sure he got it!). Gianna kept calling out for him in the crowd, and he smiled and waved to her. I was able to capture his attention when I said, "Make sure you stick it to Planned Parenthood!" The crowd affirmed my statement as I stretched out my hand toward Ted Cruz. He grasped my hand, and in those several seconds, it was like he communicated to me more than words ever could. I felt a peace, calm, and relief that I haven't felt in this election in a while (or probably at all!). In his strong but gentle hand, I felt a sense of promise, reassurance, and understanding. It was like when a parent, family member, or close friend squeezes your hand to let you know, "It's going to be alright. I'm here for you!" It was a hand I felt good about placing mine in! In that moment, he was saying "We're going to get it done! We will fight to the end for all we hold dear!" I didn't want to let go lol ("I'll never let go, Ted.....I'll never let go!!"). ;)

The reason all of this reminds me of that little orphan Annie song is because "Tomorrow" is such a big day (and LESS than a day away now!). As I write this, there is a little over an hour until midnight. The morning will come, the sun will come out, and the day will be new. It will be a turning point for America (and the world) as Indiana steps out and votes on whose "hands" we decide to put our trust in. Ultimately, it's all in God's hands; our hope and trust is in the Lord. We need to SEEK the Lord and vote for the one that translates into a "vote" for God; a vote for HIS side and HIS ways. God will bless America again if we put our faith into His hands and vote for the servant that He has risen up to defend faith and values.

Ted Cruz & Governor Mike Pence
Hoosiers, your vote DOES matter! The fate of America is on the line and it matters GREATLY whose hands it's in (and that includes your state and local reps)!! Ted Cruz is the only candidate who has always stood CONSISTENTLY for the faith and hope we have in God and on the foundation our forefathers built this nation upon. He has a servant's heart and the drive/perseverance to never quit on America! Make those headlines say what they were saying at the rally: "Trump failed. Kasich bailed. Cruz prevailed!"

Grace and peace to you, my friends! Please, feel free to share this post with fellow Hoosiers (or anyone that has yet to vote in the primaries). We can't have a godly president if we don't vote for a godly nominee! Do your duty, my fellow Americans! Fast. Pray. VOTE!! Don't sit this one out! Find your polling place here! Come what may!!! Tomorrow,...tomorrow....I love ya! Stick out your chin, and grin, and vote TED CRUZ!!! :) May God bless you and may God bless America!

No comments: