Pages

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

This Past Weekend....

Wow!! It’s midweek already and I still haven’t taken the time to blog about Swiss Days (which was last weekend). All of you North Eastern Indiana peeps all know what Swiss Days is, but for those of you that don’t, it’s an annual festival in my childhood hometown. Normally, I don’t say too much about it, but I’m going to this time because it was such an eventful weekend!

Friday, we went to Swiss Days and spent most of the day there before going to Trees Drive-in (a nice seasonal place to eat and the only time we really get to go there!). While we were in town, we had our usual “fair food” favorites as we watched performers on the stage.

We were primarily there to see Tom Frye (please feel free to check out his website and myspace page). He’s an excellent performer and singer - even with his newly broken finger!! (You’ve got to give a guy props for playing a guitar with a broken finger!!). Anyways, he’s a truly gifted and talented guy and a huge blessing to God’s Kingdom (and so are his cute little Frye Kids who sing as well!!). Keep on writing, singing, and praising the Lord Tom!! We all love and support you!!

In addition to that, we walked around and browsed the different booths. One that interested me in particular was the Hoopdaloop booth. The gal there was selling weighted hula hoops (for exercise). My friend Saundra had told me about them before, and said that you can lose a lot of weight with those. I was eager to get one when she first mentioned it, but never got one because I have never been able to hula hoop! LOL So, last Friday was my big opportunity to “try before I buy.” After a few failed attempts, I started getting the hang of it. So, I got one and then gave myself a good bruising on my side when I hula hooped in excess when I got home. LOL But, I couldn’t be happier because the sore muscles give me hope for the problem tummy of mine!! AND, I’ve learned quickly and can already maneuver/exercise with it in lots of ways!! It’s so fun!!

Speaking of fun, the fun only got better when Mitch had his ten year class reunion on Saturday (which he has been anticipating for months!! LOL). He got to see and talk to a lot of his old friends/classmates, and we had lots of fun with everyone!! We caught up with current friends and also made some new ones (right Angie?!). ;) Almost everyone in Mitch’s class is married or engaged, so there were lots of new people to get to know!!

The weekend came to a blessed close as we celebrated Mitch’s grandparents 60th wedding anniversary!! That’s right….60th!!! The family held a little celebration party on Sunday and it’s so refreshing to see a couple still in love after so many years!! I love Mitch’s grandparents as if they were my own, and I’m so proud of them!! They are such an inspiration!! I love you Grandpa and Grandma!!

Well, that’s about it for my weekend!! Aside from that, I got to spend some time with an old friend/classmate on Monday (it was great to see you Martha!!). Now, things are slowing down a bit (before our busiest time arrives in September!). So, maybe I will get to blog a few things that I have been wanting to share and haven’t gotten to yet. I definitely want to finish blogging the “Trapped in the Magic Mirror” book that I have been reading so that I can start blogging on some other good books that have been inspiring and teaching me!!

Ok, I’ll see you around everyone!! Grace and peace to all of you!!! Lots of love!! OXOX

No comments: