Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Videos and Reminders

Here is the latest ALL report. It’s a video talking about the late Wellington Mara; co-owner of the New York Giants, and strong advocate for life.

In addition to that, I would like to remind everyone of the sixth annual pro-life t-shirt day which is on TUESDAY!! If you bought a t-shirt, remember to wear it!! If you didn’t, wear another pro-life t-shirt that you have hanging up in your closet. If you don’t have a pro-life t-shirt, MAKE ONE!! Let’s be a voice and commemorate the day!!

Speaking of voices, let’s make our voices heard on the next monthly call for life day (which is next Friday). I don’t know who all participates, but I have been doing this for quite a while now. I know that I have been participating since at least 2005 or earlier. Once a month, EVERY MONTH, I take time to contact my representatives and to call an abortion clinic to let them know I am praying for them.

I don’t know how many people are doing this, but I pray that we will grow in number. I don’t even know if any of those who read my blogs are even doing it. I’ve been blogging about it for a long time, and have yet to hear from anyone that they are participating with me in this and spreading the word. I just hope that those who have read about this have been moved to action, whether I know about it or not.

I don’t know what else to say to motivate anyone to help in this fight for life ONCE A MONTH. It’s such a small thing, but it can add up to SO MUCH!! Can you imagine if we all did this? If we all jammed the phone lines and inboxes, wouldn’t we eventually be heard? Wouldn’t our representatives be pushed so hard with the outcries on behalf of the unborn that they would HAVE to move to action in order to attain justice for the innocent (and shut us up as well!)? In Luke 18, Jesus tells the parable of the persistent widow who keeps coming before the judge to attain justice. The judge doesn’t care, but because of her persistence, he decides to see to it that she gets the justice she is pleading for so he won‘t be bothered by her pleas anymore. Jesus told this parable to illustrate persistence in prayer. Indeed, we should be persistent in our prayers for the unborn, and for all of our prayers and petitions to God. And, we should continue being persistent in fighting for what is right and pursuing justice for the defenseless whose innocent blood is crying out to God for it. As Christians, we can’t just sit idly by and let this go on. Not only do countless babies die, but those that undergo abortions suffer as well and subsequently, so do we. It’s a ripple effect, people. But, we can put a stop to it, and the call for life is one of the many things that we can do to put an end to more tragedies and pain. I have heard countless personal stories from articles, friends, and so many others that have told me of the pain their abortion caused them. I don’t want to keep watching so many suffer. Let’s protect them!! Let’s be there for them, educate them, and do all we can to stop the agendas, outlaw the killings, and show them what REAL choice is - a choice for LIFE (which is a choice EVERYONE can live with!!).

As I finish this blog, I would like to share the video playlist I promised of my kids’ adventures while we were in South Carolina. May their smiles and laughter remind you like it reminds me of how important it is to do all we can to protect and defend life. May you look at the children in your life and think about what a blessing their lives are and then be motivated to help ensure that other children get the chance to laugh, smile, and be blessings in this world too.

No comments: