Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2009

I Need Your Help

Today is August 22, 2009. While that date may not mean anything in particular to anyone, I know at least two people who celebrated a birthday today (happy birthday to my friends Jen and Brian!!). So, truly, this day IS a special day! In fact, EVERY DAY is special and significant because it’s another day that we are blessed with; another day to live, breathe, and enjoy life!!

Life - what a gift!! My two friends are celebrating the many years of life they have had on this earth thus far. They are alive today because God created them with a purpose and their mothers lovingly birthed them into this world.

That is why I am blogging today; to ask you all if you will help make it possible for everyone to have a chance at life. Two years ago, I participated in my first Walk for Life which benefited The Hope Clinic in Berne. Once again, they are having their bi-annual walk and I am eager and ready to be a part of it!!

In 2007, so many of you blessed The Hope Clinic with your prayers and donations. All total, they collected over $20,000! Praise God! And, $2,860 of it came from my family, friends, and perfect strangers who graciously donated after I posted about the walk in my blog!! Thank you!!

I am now hoping and praying that what was raised in 2007 can be matched and surpassed!! Of course, I will need the generous help of all of you!! Some of you might remember that I had people in over half of the 50 states (plus Canada and Washington D.C.) who pledged their prayers and their pledges. You also might recall that while my home state, Indiana, had the most people pledging to pray (10 in my state - 41 overall) we were beat by a landslide in the financial pledges by (ironically) the liberal and pro-choice state of New York. New York gave a total of $2,000 while the givers in Indiana came in second with $425.00 and ironically (again) the highest givers sandwiching us between 1st and 3rd place was California and Washington D.C. (both gave $100.00). While it’s very encouraging to see that we still have wonderful and loving pro-life givers in these typical liberal/pro-choice states, I am hoping that my state (as well as the rest of the states) will give even more this year and show just how solidly pro-life and supportive they are!!

Alright, people. NOW is the time to pledge!! I KNOW that money is tight (believe me, I KNOW!) but there is no better time to give!! Why? Because in an economy like this, more and more women and babies are in danger! Organizations like Planned Parenthood push for more profits off of death during times like these by encouraging scared women to rid themselves of a “burden” during uncertain times. We must prevent these women from being taken advantage of by the abortion industry!! We must be there for them and show them that LIFE is still the best option!!

So, how will your pledges do this? All the money that The Hope Clinic raises goes to offer care and support to women in need through: pregnancy testing and ultrasound verification, education on options beyond abortion, client education in regard to sexual integrity and STD’s, Baby Bucks incentive program, maternity and infant clothing loan program, free diaper program (income based), and the Tender Mercies post-abortion recovery program. They also provide community referrals and volunteer peer counseling.

Additionally, The Hope Clinic has just opened a sister clinic in the northern part of the county!! Praise God! TWICE the opportunity to help women in the county and surrounding area!! Isn’t that GREAT?!!

Ok, now for the meat and potatoes of this blog. Just like my simple “Will You Help?” request from two years ago, I am once again asking for your help and support. All you have to do is contact me and let me know how much you want to pledge. I DO NOT COLLECT THE MONEY!! All I do is write down your name, address, and amount on my pledge form (and NO ONE else but me and The Hope Clinic will see or share your private information). Then, The Hope Clinic will send you a letter to collect your pledged amount AFTER THE WALK (which is on September 19th). So, pledge now and pay later (by the way, it’s tax deductible)! This gives you more than enough time to save some money back if you need to. Any amount will help!! In 2007, I had people pledge all kinds of amounts; anywhere from $5 to $500 or more. I have a few hundred people (including my e-mail contacts) that will read this. If everyone who reads this pledged just FIVE DOLLARS, I would raise well over $1,000 (though if you want to pledge even more, that’s GREAT!!). C’mon! Is FIVE DOLLARS doable for everyone?? Look at your hand and those FIVE fingers. Those FIVE fingers were once no bigger than the palm of your hand! That’s right, go on…..look at your hand. Imagine a tiny little baby’s hand (or your own child’s hand) in yours, with those five tiny fingers. How much will you give for that little one? Or, maybe you want to give ten; one dollar for the fingers on both hands. Or, maybe twenty; for all of his/her fingers and toes. Every life is precious and priceless. How much are you willing to invest?

I look forward to hearing from all of you in regards to your beautiful and sacrificial gifts of pledges and prayers on behalf of the mothers and babies who need you!! I will also keep you updated on how many states are pledging their dollars and prayers. Additionally, if you have material goods (like baby blankets, diapers, etc.) that you want to donate (or if you would like to join me in Walking/Fundraising) let me know!!

If you pledge your prayers, here are the areas of prayer that I encourage you to pray for in the weeks leading up to the Walk (and hopefully, continuing afterwards). Prayer is the most effective tool we have! After all, as I heard at a pro-life rally, ‘The goal isn’t to make abortion illegal, but unthinkable.’ We do this through prayer and by being there to support and educate others about the sanctity of life and helping them recover in the event that they have regretfully made a mistake. There is no condemnation or judgment; only information, love, comfort, and healing (I know many women who have gone through this; love, compassion, and understanding is what they need most of!). Let’s pray for one another and pray for changes of heart towards abortion. Then, we will truly see abortion abort itself as people begin to respect the lives of themselves and others! Grace and peace to you all! God bless you!!

Day by Day Prayer Suggestions (if you are prayer pledging)

Sunday

Pray for the hearts of this nation and that God would soften every heart; opening everyone’s eyes to the evil of abortion (and the lies that are used to enforce it). Pray that there would be a passion stirred within every heart to stand together to protect and defend human life! A lot of people who support the pro-choice/pro-death agenda are just ignorant, deceived, and don’t know any better. They really don’t know what they are doing and it’s not “people” that we are wrestling with, but the evil spirits at work.

Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.



Monday

Pray for Planned Parenthood and abortion providers everywhere! Pray for the patients who walk into their doors; and for their workers (and so-called “doctors”) who perform the abortions. Pray that God’s conviction would rain down on them and that their eyes would be opened and that they would have a change of heart/mind and repent. Pray that government funding would be stripped away and that as more people realize their agenda, the clinics would be put out of business. Pray also that the truth about abortion and awareness would spread and that the media would stop hiding the tragic facts about abortion.

Isaiah 46:3-4 Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb: And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.


Tuesday

Pray for the healing of women who have had abortions (as well as the healing of the men who will never know their children, the children that will never know their siblings, and the grandparents that will never know their grandchildren). Pray that they will know God’s healing and forgiveness. Abortion takes its toll physically, emotionally, and psychologically. Pray for understanding and compassion and how you can offer it to a hurting person who has gone through the emotional turmoil of abortion.

Isaiah 49:5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.

Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;


Wednesday

Pray for Crisis Pregnancy Centers everywhere and that they would have the funds and the volunteers that they need to keep them running. Pray that more women will seek them out first rather than seeking an abortion. Ask God to move their hearts towards life rather than death. Pray also for the effectiveness of things like the monthly call for life, prayer vigils, etc. and that hearts would be softened and changed.

Psalm 139:13-16 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Thursday

Pray for our elected officials. Pray that God would strengthen and encourage the ones that are standing for life and values and that He would convict and change the ones who do not. Pray that God would move people to vote for solid pro-life candidates that will value and protect human life.

Psalm 119:73 Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:


Friday

Pray for a spirit of adoption to move in the hearts of people. Pray that those facing the decision will choose life for their pre-born babies and also that there would be more people who willing and able to adopt. Additionally, pray for the women (especially the struggling single Moms) who are keeping their babies and are working hard to provide for themselves and their children.

Job 10:8-12 Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about; yet thou dost destroy me. Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again? Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese? Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews. Thou hast granted me life and favor, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.


Saturday

Pray for an end to abortion. Pray this little prayer written by Lou Engle (and please check out this website for more information on “Bound for Life“ http://bound4life.com/) : “Jesus, I plead your Blood over my sins and the sins of my nation. God, end abortion and send revival to America.”

Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

No comments: