Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Walk for Life Update: "At Least..."

It’s time for my first “Walk for Life” update!!

Last week, I posted a blog asking for your support in the Walk for Life on September 19th. In that blog, I asked for pledges of both the financial and prayerful kind. Since then, I have had ten people (including myself) officially confirm their pledges (their funds and/or their prayers). THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH to those of you who responded so quickly and are generously and graciously pledging from your hearts!! Praise God for you!!! There will be lives helped/saved because of YOU!!! Thank you for being the hands and feet of Jesus!!!

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I raised over $2,000 dollars in 2007 and had the support of over half of the 50 states!! I would like to meet or beat that this year!! However, I know that the economy is really taking a hit right now, so I am hoping to at least raise a minimum of $1,000. Right now, I’m a little over 25% of the way there. While I am really happy about that, I am hoping that the outpouring will begin to increase. As I mentioned before, if everyone reading this would pledge AT LEAST FIVE DOLLARS I would meet or beat my goal!! I blog on several different sites (and have sent my first blog out via e-mail as well). Yet, there are only nine other names next to mine on my pledge form (and all of them are women too!). Yep, that’s right! All of my pledgers are WOMEN!! WAY TO GO LADIES!!! WAY TO STEP UP!!! Though, it would be nice to have some MEN leading the way, wouldn’t it girls? After all, they are a part of this circle of life too! We may be the ones that give birth to life, but God allows them to be part of that creative process too (and every man has a Mama after all lol!). So, here’s your cue, guys!! Take your place!! Lead!! Step up!! Defend, protect, and sound the battle cry for life!!! Let’s hear from YOU!!! (Maybe I should make a “guys vs. girls” leader board! Would that help? I think I’ll do that! The male pride won’t stand for being outdone by girls will it?? LOL).

I’m hoping and praying that I will hear from more of my life-loving, God-fearing family and friends! I know there are PLENTY of you out there that profess your faith and your passion for others and so I am expecting to see that faith in action!! ;) I know that you guys can AT LEAST PRAY and probably AT LEAST pledge FIVE DOLLARS!! I don’t think that’s asking too much, do you? There are probably a lot of you that spend just that much on breakfast at McDonald’s in the morning every now and then. It’s pocket change! Can you sacrifice one coffee and a McMuffin in order to help save the lives of women and children?

Ok, not trying to make you all feel guilty - I just want you to think a little. We are all SO BLESSED in America!! I’m hoping that as we realize that, we will be willing to share what wealth we have with the least of these (Matthew 25:40). Will you please consider helping? All you have to do is contact me and tell me your name and address and how much you want to pledge. I will write it down on my form (only myself and the Hope Clinic will see this information) and the clinic will send you a letter AFTER THE WALK to collect the money. So, pledge now and pay later!! The walk isn’t until September 19th, so I think that gives everyone plenty of time to save AT LEAST FIVE BUCKS!!!! But, if the money really is an issue right now, no problem! Would you AT LEAST consider pledging your daily prayers? (Please, see previous blog for prayer suggestions for each day of the week). PLEASE?!

I have also made it easier for you to contact me too!! I have set up an e-mail account specifically for this walk. You can contact me at melissawalksforlife@gmail.com

So, that settles it!! You know what to do and you know how to contact me!! No more excuses!! ;) I’m expecting LOTS of people to step up now (and not just the women either!! COME ON GUYS!!!). I want to hear from people all around the country!! Blow me away and bless this Crisis Pregnancy Center with the outpouring of your compassion and love!! Please, just FIVE DOLLARS at least? If anything, AT LEAST your prayers??? And this isn’t for ME, it’s for the women and babies that are walking through those clinic doors; desperate for help, love, compassion, and wisdom. Are they worth FIVE BUCKS to you? Are they worth your prayers? Can you put a price on LIFE? Think about it…..

In the coming days and weeks, I will keep you updated on how things are going. I will post the “leader boards” each time (though I will keep the exact dollar amounts pledged secret until the very end because I don’t want to deter people from continuing to give once I reach my goal!! I want the pledges to keep coming!!). ;)

Thank you, everyone, for reading!! I pray that God will stir your heart to action!! Grace and peace to all of you!!! God bless you!!


Financial Pledges

1. Indiana
2. Ohio and South Carolina

Prayer Pledges

1. Indiana (7)
2. South Carolina (1)

8 Prayer Warriors!

Men Vs. Women

Men = No pledges/No prayer warriors :(

Women = Leading in pledges and prayers!! (8 prayer warriors!)

THE WOMEN ARE LEADING!!


Participating States 3/50


Indiana
Ohio
South Carolina

No comments: