Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

EXTREMELY Excited!

I have such a great update for you all!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!! I have so many good things to report and I am just SO THANKFUL!! Praise God! What an answer to prayer!! 

Ok, first of all, I have an AMAZING loss to report! Last week, I was 192.2 but now (get this!) I am 187.6!! Can I get an AMEN?!! Woo hoo!! GLORY!! That means I lost nearly FIVE POUNDS this past week (nearly eight since starting Shakeology three weeks ago). I had been stagnant for far too long and I am SO EXCITED to finally be moving in the right direction! So glad to make it to the 80’s!! I feel like I am out of my own personal “fat” zone that I‘ve been lingering in for too long (if that makes any sense). I can’t wait for the 70’s! ;) The closest I got was in 2007 when I made it to 178. Getting beyond that is going to be one heck of a milestone accomplishment for me, that’s for sure! 

That’s not the only good news! My body fat is down by over 1% since the end of April! I am getting SO CLOSE to my goal of 150! I have been saying for YEARS that I was going to get there, but THIS YEAR is finally going to be THE year!! ;) 

Of course, I am super excited about my weight-loss, but maybe even MORE exciting is the fact that I am seeing the difference as well as feeling it (I got some curves!). Pretty soon, my clothes are going to be way too big (they are getting rather loose now) and my muscles will have even more definition as I continue building strength with ChaLean Extreme! Did you know I can actually do 1-2 pushups on my toes?! Ok, so I still do MOST of them on my knees, but WOW! Do you know how HUGE that is for me?!! I could NEVER push myself up before and I HATED push-ups! I scoffed when Chalene said that I would learn to love them. Dare I say it, I’m getting close to loving them! LOL That and I can lift up to 25 pounds (each hand) on some of the exercise! Count it, people! 50 pounds total (lower body exercises - like the squats). NEVER in my life have I been this strong - EVER! I feel so incredibly awesome! I’m getting strength and endurance! I am getting PLENTY of protein and Chalene is right, “your body loves muscle!” Finally, I’m making good choices and it’s all paying off TREMENDOUSLY! Thank you, God! 

Oh, and this isn’t all!! The other pleasant surprises I have gotten through drinking Shakeology every day is the fact that it really does what it says it does! My cravings are GONE! I am NOT kidding!! My sweet tooth has disappeared and I am not insanely hungry and consumed with thoughts of food and eating all the time! Actually, quite the opposite! I have to pretty much make myself eat! I do “feel” hungry, but I am not really hungry “for” anything. You know what I mean? So, that’s nice because then I can actually choose nutritious foods on purpose because my body isn’t demanding that I eat pizza or something else that is bombarding my brain. I think it’s because the nutrition in Shakeology is so perfectly complete that my body is saying, “Hey, we got the essential nutrients we have been telling you to feed us. We won’t bug you with food now. Thanks for giving yourself what you need to function! Anything else is bonus! By the way, we‘re getting rid of the extra fat now that we know we are getting a steady supply of the right nutrition. We don‘t need this ‘cushion‘ anymore!” 

Another pleasant surprise that I started noticing is the fact that my eyes aren’t itching like crazy. This time of year, my allergies are HORRIBLE! I can’t remember the last time I itched and itched at my eyes! Could it be? Is this awesome and delicious nutrient packed shake helping with how my body copes with my allergies too?!! Oh my gosh, no way!! This is HUGE for me!! 

The verse that is on my mind right now is this: “Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?” - Matthew 5:25. 

You know what that verse means to me? It means that for the first time in my life, I know the relief of what it’s like not to think about food all the time. I truly have better things to do! There is more to life than food and I am LIVING it! I feel so incredibly free! Food is now just that: food. I eat for the purpose of fuel and nourishment and that is it! I’m not binging or craving insane amounts. I am satisfied; so incredibly satisfied! This may sound cliché, but Shakeology has been such a miracle for me! I only wish I had tried it sooner. If I had only known that I would feel so much better, truly have more energy and not be so tired (oh how I battled depression and fatigue!) and gotten more….um…..”regular” I would have done this a long time ago! Well, I can’t get back lost time, but I’m sure making up for it now! Praise God! 

I feel like I’ve gotten my nutrition and exercise straightened out so well! Now, I can focus on other things now that I don’t have to try so hard with this! I am so grateful! Now, I am free to help and inspire others and be a better and healthier me now that I can function better! I’m so excited to continue on this journey!! I feel like I am living life now and I LOVE being a coach and helping others to achieve their goals too (click here if you want to sign up for a FREE Team Beachbody account and join my team!! I would LOVE to help you! Just click "sign up" at the top of the page). 

Grace and peace to all of you! Thanks for all your support!! God bless you all!! 

No comments: