Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Late Night Christmas Musings

It’s nearly midnight, and I have finally finished wrapping Christmas presents. All the while, I was watching “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe.” (It’s one of my most favorite movies ever - and I can’t wait for “Prince Caspian” in a few months!!).

I was just trying to take in the movie as I was pondering about all the upcoming events - as well as the events of tonight. Today, we had one of the first of many family get-togethers. And, a very SURPRISING get-together with my brother from South Carolina; who surprised us yet again by showing up on our doorstep tonight!! LOL Oh, and one more thing (not to seem “atopical” - as one of my teachers would put it lol) but I noticed that my pictures and comments were posted on the “Windshields for Huckabee” blog. ;) So, if you haven’t seen it, and aren’t familiar with it, check it out!! (Scroll down a little bit when you visit the page).

Even though this time of year can be full of fun and joy, it can also be a very hard and stressful time as well - predominately if you are an adult. (Children seem to be oblivious to the fact that we adults have so much on our shoulders!! LOL Oh, if we all could be like them and SIMPLIFY!!). It’s hard to try and enjoy the numerous events surrounding the season when there is so much to do and think about sometimes. But, it doesn‘t have to be so bad; not if we concentrate on what really matters: God and family.

Watching Narnia tonight only further reminds me of just how wonderful the reason for celebrating truly is. C.S. Lewis so beautifully illustrates powerful Biblical truths in his books; and having them brought to the big screen solidifies them even further. Watching this movie always speaks to my heart and works on me. I just can’t even begin to explain it (but maybe I will in a future blog).

Anyways, the concepts of Narnia has softened me up to the joy of the season again. Just thinking about God, His love, His sacrifice, and just the miracle and joy of it all gives me peace amidst the chaos.

Tomorrow, we have another family get-together after church. Then, Monday, it’s Christmas Eve and I will be at church ALL DAY!! Why? Well, I am in the Christmas drama at church and we will be going through it a few times before our two performances at 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. So, if you live around here, and you can make it to one of these services, I hope I will see you there!! I have singing and speaking lines…..you won’t want to miss this!! LOL But, if you do, I will upload the video of it to You Tube later when I get the church DVD.

I hope that all of you have a blessed Christmas!! I know that it will be rough for some of you. I know there are those who are going through various hardships; whether financial, emotional, or physical. It’s also hard for those who are alone this Christmas; or have an “empty chair” at the table where a loved one had just sat last Christmas, but sadly, will not be there to fill that space. There is sadness, pain, and lots of voids. I have some specific friends in mind as I write this - you know who you are…..and I am PRAYING FOR YOU!!!!!!! You know how much I truly love you. I am always here for you!! Here’s to hoping that God will be your strength, comfort, and provider….and that He will fill every emptiness, void, and need and be all that you need Him to be!! He loves you…….and so do I!!

To all of you, I wish a very Merry Christmas and pray that the joy of the birth of Christ will be a cause for celebration in your hearts. I pray that His peace and comfort will rain down on all of you, bless your hearts, and draw you closer to Him. And, if you have yet to behold the joy of knowing Christ personally, let me know and I will be glad to introduce you to the wonder and joy of being a child of God!! May God bless you all!! Have a safe, joyous, and blessed Christmas!!

No comments: