Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Guess What I Seen Last Night...

There is rarely anything in the media worth blogging about these days. We are bombarded with material that is unsuitable, filthy, and immoral. There is scarcely anything worthwhile for anyone to watch. However, there are those rare moments when we sometimes get treated to something with real virtue and substance. Such was the case when my husband and I went to watch/support the movie “Fireproof” last night. As many may remember, I have been encouraging others to see/support this movie for quite some time. This movie was made by the same church that made “Facing the Giants” and “Flywheel.” And, needless to say, their latest movie didn’t disappoint!!

I don’t know how they do it, but each movie that they make gets better and better and finds a new way to touch the heart of the audience!! “Fireproof” was, in a word, PERFECT!! It had every element I have come to expect from their presentations: faith, depth, character, suspense, drama, and a great sense of humor. And, they stepped it up even further by enlisting the acting talents of a very well-known and beloved star: Kirk Cameron. I must say, I was very impressed by the authenticity and intensity of his acting. He did a PHENOMENAL job, and his character was solid and believable. Praise God for that wonderful talent of his!!

I know that I have already made my case for this movie before, but now that I have seen it, I can better vouch for its substance. Whether you are married or not (and especially if you are going through a tough time in your marriage), you will definitely appreciate this movie. It has a little bit of everything. I cried through the intense emotional parts, and I laughed through the blessed moments of comic relief. One particular part that I loved was when Caleb (Kirk Cameron) played a joke on a fellow firefighter. He drank a bottle of hot sauce (which was really tomato juice) and challenged his friend to beat his time and show everyone how “manly” he really was. Well, needless to say, his poor friend failed (and got a VERY rude surprise when he attempted the impossible! LOL). Another funny moment was the running joke of Caleb taking his anger out on the trash can when he got frustrated - only to look up and notice that his neighbor was watching him and shaking his head in confusion.

Though, aside from the humor, were brilliant and touching lessons of how to get through the “fires” of marriage and to stick together like salt and pepper (to understand that reference, you will have to see the movie!!). Everything about this movie touched home and was so raw and real. So many times, it was as if I was looking in a mirror (and those of you that know me will know what I mean when you see the movie for yourself). It was as if this movie were made for me. I’m glad that I went to see it, because Satan did try to deter me from doing so. Likewise, I am sure that he is also trying to stop others from watching it as well, and if one of those people is you….I urge you…PLEASE DON’T LISTEN TO THAT LIE!! GO SEE IT!! Don’t miss out on a blessing, and the opportunity to show you support for something good for a change!!

On that note, I would like to wish a happy early anniversary to my husband Mitch. On Monday, it will be our seven-year wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary Mitchie!! Thanks again for your thoughtfulness in surprising me with an early gift, and thank you for watching that movie with me!! I love you!

Have a blessed weekend everyone - and I pray that you will have the opportunity to see “Fireproof” (especially THIS weekend - which is so crucial to the box office!). Grace and peace to all of you!!

No comments: