Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Momentum Continues! :)

Praise God! The momentum continues!! I am down 3.2 pounds this week! Thank you, Jesus!! So, by my scale, that’s 202.2 to 199!! Oh yeah!! The one at the gym weighs differently (and I go there in the evening); 204 to 201 by theirs. So yeah, 3.2 + 4.8 from the week before = 8 pounds in two weeks!! I’m very thankful! Couldn’t have done it without Jesus!!

Gosh, I can’t remember the last time I was happy about weigh-ins! I just hope that the trend continues and I stay free from the “p” word (plateau). Usually, after a while, the nicer numbers slow/stop and it ends up just being 1 or 2 a week (though, that’s the general recommendation anyways). I guess when you watch “The Biggest Loser”, you would like to think that losing a lot from week to week is something you can do (and keep doing) too. It depends on how much you need to lose too, though, anyways.

I can’t think of anything else other than the fact that I didn’t get to “bring it” like I had hoped. For some reason, Blake wasn’t there to help train. I couldn’t find anyone that knew the reason why, but something must have come up because he’s not the type that just doesn’t show. So, maybe next week I will get the opportunity to “bring it” and see what P90 is like (I hope). It will also be great to be shown how to lift/do things the right way. I’m pretty sure I do alright, but sometimes it’s hard to tell if you are doing things with proper form. It’s nice to have someone who knows what they’re doing help you figure that out for sure. That’s what I was hoping for; to learn from Blake’s expertise so I can maximize my performance, weight-loss, and avoid injury causing mistakes.

At the very least, it’s nice to be able to use the gym once a week for free! I ran on a treadmill for 20 minutes and then did weight machines for 35 minutes (and yet, still felt like doing a 20 minute Turbo Jam workout when I got home). So, I really sweat it out; and it felt great!

It also felt great to be around other people from church (and to see how our teams are doing!). I think there were a few people that had to pay-in because of a pound or so gained, but most people are losing. I think my team is doing pretty well - oh, and we got our blue team shirts (I’ll have to take a picture, soon, and post it!). Pretty awesome!

Well, that’s it for this week’s update!! Here’s to keeping the momentum going!! Thank you, everyone, for reading and cheering me on! I’m so appreciative of everyone’s positive comments and support! God bless you all!!

4 comments:

Shane Gilreath said...

I'm pleased to hear that your success continues. Just be careful not to burn out...happens to me everytime. One minute, I'm pumped about the gym, etc., but that dies pretty quickly. One day! I can tell that you're pumped about it all though, especially since you go home for more. I used to do that when I'd get home from the dance studio.

And you know that you can get those P90 workouts for home, right? They have a website.

Melissa said...

I don't think I can burnout. I have been exercising like this for a LONG time! The only difference this time is that I'm more motivated to push harder and burn more/extra. That and I'm actually doing well nutritionally for the first time in a LONG time! My exercise is finally paying off because it's not being sabotaged by consistently poor eating habits. That and I'm keeping scripture at the forefront by reading it first thing every day.

Yes, I know I can get the P90 workouts at home (do you only skim these posts? LOL) I had said that I was going to purchase it from bechbody.com, and that Blake was going to show me what it was like so I know what I'm getting into lol.

Shane Gilreath said...

Yes, I read them, but I'm also forgettful. I've had some friends to do P90, and I gather that it's tough. I just watched the infomercial a couple nights ago.

Melissa said...

P90X is the toughest! P90 is basic/original. I would love to do the more advanced, but I know I'm not ready for that yet. ;) LOL I will work my way up!