Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Heads Up To All My Friends!!

***PLEASE READ THIS!! It’s not as long as it looks!!!***


This week is sanctity of life week. Therefore, I have put together a daily prayer guide of items to pray for - as well as some scripture verses to read and mediate on.


It has now been 35 years since abortion was legalized and over 40 million babies have died because of it. But, through prayer and activism, we have a chance to change things.


In addition to this prayer guide, I also ask you to be in prayer for a request that I just received in my inbox today. It comes from a woman in my area who told me that a girl had come to church with a very urgent prayer request. She said that her friend found out she is pregnant and her parents are trying to force her to have an abortion against her will. I pray with all my heart that she won’t be pushed into it!! I have passed along my contact information, and I can only hope and pray that the girl receives it and that I can help in any way possible. I will even house her at my own residence if I have to in order to protect her and her precious pre-born baby.


I also know that I have an abundance of loyal prayer warriors (as well as dedicated pro-life contacts) who will pray and help in any way they can. So…..PLEASE PRAY!!!!!! If I get any more updates, I will let you know!!!


Girls like this one are the reasons why we must do what we can to protect life!! It’s not just her baby’s life at stake, but hers as well. If she has an abortion, she greatly increases her risk for breast cancer as well as physical, emotional, and psychological complications. That’s something the abortion industry certainly won’t tell her. They call it “choice” but when you don’t disclose all the risks as well as the suitable alternatives, what “choice” is that?? It’s not a choice at all; it’s a death sentence!!! It makes me angry because so many women suffer because they are not given a REAL choice to choose life and then, they suffer emotional pain because of it.


Every woman I have ever talked to who has had an abortion has expressed to me their guilt, shame, and grief. They even tell me how they have had physical complications, miscarriages, inability to conceive, and subsequent pregnancy difficulties because of abortion. This has got to stop!! These precious women and children need not have to suffer!! “Choice” isn’t liberating; it’s VICTIMIZING!! How can the world not see the after affects and how we ALL SUFFER FOR IT!!! Dear God, bring us healing!!


Stand with me everyone!! And, if you live in this area, please meet me at the pro-life rally on Saturday, January 26th at 12 noon at the Scottish Rite in Fort Wayne. Then, we will march around downtown at 1:00 p.m. My husband, children, and I will be there. We hope you can make it as well!!


Here is the prayer guide; followed by some information on the monthly call for life and some helpful links (by the way, if you don’t live in my area, you can look up your own representatives using the link provided at the end). I meant to write this up and post it yesterday, but I had some other needs to take care of. So, sorry I’m a little late! Anyways, please participate and PRAY HARD!! THANK YOU!!!!


Sanctity of Life Week Prayer Guide



Today


Pray for the hearts of this nation and that God would soften every heart, open everyone’s eyes to the evil of abortion (and the lies that are used to enforce it), and stir a passion within every heart to stand together to protect and defend human life! A lot of people are just ignorant, deceived, and don’t know any better. They really don’t know what they are doing and it’s not “people” that we are wrestling with, but the evil spirits at work.


Ephesians 6:12 - For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.


Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Monday


Pray for Planned Parenthood and abortion providers everywhere! Pray for poor patients who blindly walk into their doors; and for their workers (and so-called “doctors”) who perform the abortions. Pray that God’s conviction would rain down on them and that their eyes would be opened and that they would repent. Pray that hearts would be changed through efforts like the monthly call for life, prayer vigils, etc. Pray that their funding would be stripped (sign the petition here) and that as more people realize their agenda, they would be put out of business.


Isaiah 46:3-4 Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb: And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you.

Tuesday


Pray for the healing of women who have had abortions (as well as the healing of the men who will never know their children, the children that will never know their siblings, and the grandparents that will never know their grandchildren). Pray that they will know God’s healing and forgiveness. Abortion takes its toll physically, emotionally, and psychologically. Pray for understanding and compassion and how you can offer it to a hurting person who has gone through the emotional turmoil of abortion.


Isaiah 49:5 And now, saith the LORD that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, and my God shall be my strength.


Wednesday


Pray for Crisis Pregnancy Centers (like The Hope Clinic) and that they would have the funds and the volunteers they need to keep them running. Pray that more women would seek them out first rather than seeking an abortion. Ask God to move their hearts towards life rather than death.


Psalm 139:13-16 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

Thursday


Pray for our elected officials. Pray that God would strengthen and encourage the ones that are standing for life and values and that he would convict and change the ones who do not. Also, pray for this year’s election. Pray that God would move people to vote for solid pro-life candidates that will work hard at making abortion a tragic thing of the past.


Psalm 119:73 Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn thy commandments.


Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Friday


Pray for a spirit of adoption to move in the hearts of people. Pray that those facing the decision will choose life for their pre-born babies and also that there would be more people willing and able to adopt.


Job 10:8-12 Thine hands have made me and fashioned me together round about; yet thou dost destroy me. Remember, I beseech thee, that thou hast made me as the clay; and wilt thou bring me into dust again? Hast thou not poured me out as milk, and curdled me like cheese? Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews. Thou hast granted me life and favour, and thy visitation hath preserved my spirit.


Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.


Saturday


Pray for an end to abortion. Pray this little prayer written by Lou Engle (and please check out this website for more information on “Bound for Life“ http://bound4life.com/) : “Jesus, I plead your Blood over my sins and the sins of my nation. God, end abortion and send revival to America.”


Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:


******************


The monthly call for life campaign is something I am very committed to. It is the first Friday of every month (and the next one is on February 1st). It’s an event in which you call and/or e-mail your representatives and officials and ask them to stand with you for life by encouraging them to pass pro-life legislation and put an end to abortion. It’s also an opportunity that, if you want to, you can call a local abortion clinic. (Please visit the monthly call for life website to learn more about it and to sign up for reminders and newsletters).


What I have been doing is e-mailing President Bush, Governor Daniels, Mike Pence, and Senator Lugar to thank them for their pro-life stance and I encourage them to keep up the good work. Then, I e-mail Evan Bayh and beg him to do the same (Evan Bayh is not very pro-life). Then, I call a local abortion clinic and just tell them that on behalf of the monthly call for life campaign, I just want to let them know that we are praying for them and also ask if there is anything I could pray for them personally for. Often, I get strange remarks and even get hung up on. But, I have had some surprisingly favorable responses - which is what makes these efforts worth it!! You never know what kinds of seeds you are planting!! This only takes a few minutes of your time ONCE A MONTH!! It’s a small thing that we can do to help keep the heat on the culture of death and encourage others to stand for life!!


Please utilize the links provided. And, of course, VOTE PRO-LIFE!!! This year is an especially crucial election. That is why I endorse Mike Huckabee for president. He is solidly pro-life, pro-family, and pro-faith. He’s a Baptist minister as well as the former governor of Arkansas and has a Christ-centered vision for this country. Not only does he have morality and values at his core, but he is very smart and will lead our country well - in addition to keeping us safe and ensuring our liberties. (He also wants to implement the “Fair Tax” plan and eliminate the IRS!!) PLEASE, VOTE FOR MIKE HUCKABEE AND ALL OTHERS IN THIS ELECTION THAT STAND FOR FAITH, FAMILY, FREEDOM, AND LIFE!!!


Monthly Call for Life
http://www.monthlycallforlife.com/

List of Abortion Providers
http://www.abortionclinic.org/search/searchResults.asp?state=IN


President Bush
comments@whitehouse.gov
(202)-456-1111


Governor Mitch Daniels
http://www.in.gov/gov/2310.htm
(317)-232-4567


Senator Richard Lugar
senator_lugar@lugar.senate.gov
(202) 224-4814


Senator Evan Bayh
http://bayh.senate.gov/WebMail1.htm
(202) 224-5623


Congressman Mike Pence
http://www.house.gov/formpence/IMA/contact.htm
(202) 225-3021


State Representative Jeff Espich (82nd District)
http://www.in.gov/R82/

Finding and Contacting Your Representatives
http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

No comments: