Pages

Friday, January 4, 2008

I Have Returned! :)

Ok…..I’m back!! Miss me? LOL

Praise God for answered prayer!! It has been a nice break and much was accomplished!! Namely the fact that the media is absolutely flabbergasted that Mike Huckabee has won in Iowa (and that Hillary Clinton finished THIRD!! LOL). They just don’t understand that money has nothing to do with it (didn‘t they learn their lesson with John Kerry? All the money in the world can‘t buy you a president!). Sure, money helps fund and promote the campaign, but prayer goes farther than a dollar ever can! We know it, Huckabee has always known it, and God knows it!!

And, aside from that aspect (whether you are a believer or not) people identify and like Mike!! Just like Huckabee said in the first part of the Jay Leno interview,“People are looking for a presidential candidate who reminds them more of the guy they work with rather than the guy that laid them off.” That’s for sure!! People are going to vote for someone who stands up for what’s right, looks out for and genuinely cares for their welfare and the well-being of America, as well as a man who operates with integrity and character. THAT is something you can NEVER “buy.” Take notes Romney and Hillary (and all the rest of you candidates who don’t know what character and honesty are!!). ;)

It’s also worth it to see/hear more of the comments he made, like this one, in the second part of the Jay Leno interview: “I think there's a fundamental difference between us in terms of whether we think taxes ought to go up or down, whether government ought to be more or less involved.” Right you are Mike!! There is a BIG difference; and people need to realize that before they vote so we don’t end up living with a mountain of regret!! That being stated, Mike Huckabee is the way to go and after hearing him explain how to get rid of the IRS in the second half of the Jay Leno interview, I am more convinced than ever!! That and the fact that he totally mopped the floor with Tim Russert on “Meet the Press” a few days ago (I especially loved this segment!!). Way to go MIKE!!

Well, that’s all I have to say. I experienced a lot of good moments of personal growth and reflection over the last few days - but I’m keeping that to myself. Although, it was a great compliment to me when I had a brother in Christ tell me the other night that he really saw me grow in my faith this past year and since he has known me. He and his lovely wife are always so nice to me whenever I see them at church and they always make my day. He even said I had a “glow” about me - which is the highest compliment anyone can ever receive; that is, for someone to tell you that you radiate the love of Christ and that the beauty of that inspires and attracts others to Him. I told him that that is something you can’t buy in the cosmetic aisle; only Christ can make your eyes sparkle and your persona radiate and glow with His love. It’s sobering and humbling that there are those that notice that about me as I try my hardest to be a good ambassador for Christ. If anyone thinks I am beautiful, THAT is the reason why. My beauty would be nothing if I didn’t have Jesus!! Jesus perfectly embodies the definition of “true beauty” and because I have Him, I AM BEAUTIFUL!!

I have two more things to share before I close. The first thing being that today is once again the monthly call for life. So, if you haven’t already done so, PLEASE participate!! Now, more than ever, it’s important to be a voice for the voiceless. During sanctity of life week (January 20-27) we will be marking the tragic 35th anniversary of the legalization of abortion. I pray that this election year, we will elect even more people that can help put this senseless slaughter of innocent human beings to an end. LET THE HIDDEN HOLOCAUST COME TO AN END!! NO MORE GENOCIDE!!

Also, I am proud to announce that my best friend, Susan Stafford, now has her book “Soulless” ready for purchase through the publisher’s website. It will soon be available to order on other sites, but the publisher is making it available first. And, if anyone knows the process of supply and demand, her book will be more readily available on shelves the more that people take interest in it and demand it!! This is a definite must read for anyone!! You will be awed by the miraculous and amazing transformation that God did in her heart as He took an empty and unfulfilling life full of abuse and emptiness and made it into something redemptive and beautiful!! I encourage all to read this book!! It will wow and touch your heart!!

God bless you everyone!! Have a great day!!

No comments: