Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Pray hard; stand strong; and BELIEVE!!!

Dear Friends,

I was made aware of this blog composed by Lou Engle; who is the one who organizes and leads “The Call.” As many of you may remember, I was at “The Call” in Nashville on 07/07/07 - which was also my 25th birthday. ;) It was a day that I will never forget!!

To refresh your memory, we were in prayer all day. We prayed, among many things, for an end to abortion and for God to forgive us for allowing this to happen and to heal our people and our land. Not one more woman or child should have to suffer!!

That is one of the many reasons I endorse Mike Huckabee. This is also why Lou Engle endorses him as well and why Dr. Dobson has too (though I wish he would have done so a looooooong time ago!!!).

Anyways, I am posting Lou Engle‘s statements. I totally agree with him!! I will write-in my vote for Huckabee if it comes to that!!! (Or, if Mike Huckabee is forced to run independently, I pray that we will all back him up in that case. No matter what, he gets my vote and no one else. PERIOD!!) I will NEVER vote for McCain!!!

I will keep believing for miracles!! It isn’t over yet!! Mike Huckabee is going to keep going on in this race!! He isn’t giving up and neither are we!!! In fact, Mike Huckabee said in his e-mail today: “I am truly humbled by the faith you have placed in me and reinvigorated for the race ahead. I have heard you clearly and we will not stop. We will keep fighting for our ideas and we will push our Party to do better.”

AMEN!!! Don’t stop believing everyone!!! And please, if you can, PLEASE donate to his campaign!! My offer still stands; I will write a limerick as a tribute to anyone who donates when they use my ranger code to do so at www.mikehuckabee.com R10165. God bless you everyone!! KEEP PRAYING HARD FOR MIKE!!!!

In his own words - Lou Engle:

I am speaking now for my own personal perspective and not from any ministry I lead.

This past several weeks I posted a video stating that I could never voted for John McCain because he had voted for the funding of embryonic stem cell research. I have made a vow that I would not be a participant in either the shedding of innocent blood or in the taking of any life at any stage. It is my conviction that fertilized embryos are living cells. As we know, today there are walking living human beings that were once embryonic stem cells that could have been killed for research purposes. I have received some excellent feedback both for and against concerning my video. One of the arguments against my stand is that science has now found a procedure that makes embryonic stem cell research a moot point. Therefore they say McCain will not have to face this issue according to this argument. Major Catholic leaders have come out and now endorse John McCain because of this supposedly closed issue. Because of this, I have withdrawn the video because I don’t believe that I could lay my convictions on others who will be faced with a major decision on whether their conscience could allow them to vote for McCain.

As for me, and not my ministry, I remain steadfast in my earlier conviction that I cannot vote for John McCain. I would like to include a part of James Dobson’s statement concerning McCain because there are obviously other issues involved. You may ask me, “Shouldn’t we vote for McCain because he is certainly better than Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama?” My answer is maybe you should, but I have been praying that God would drive the abortion issue like a wedge into this nation. Why should I take the wedge out by softening my stand? If the church came out in mass and united behind a true pro-life candidate, like Mike Huckabee, it would forever make a statement to the Republican Party that we are not yours we are God’s. Maybe it would be better to lose an election than to have another Missouri Compromise that keeps dumbing down the issue and will eventually bring us to divine judgment because we have ceased to become the conscience of the nation. What is better, a compromising Zedekiah, or a hostile Nebuchadnezzer? God was able to do more with the pagan king Nebuchadnezzer than he could with the compromising king of Judah. Maybe our thinking is all humanistic and we believe in politics more than the power of prayer.

Many of you have read my article on the five loaves and two fish candidate. You can read it again on my blog. I believe that the sudden surge of Huckabee and his confession that it was because of the prayers of the saints, could have been a sign and a test for the body of Christ to see whether or not we had eyes to see what we have been praying for, for so long. The brown bag container may have been just too much for us, and we stumbled over the simplicity of the voice. Here is a man, Mike Huckabee, that has stood for both a federal human life amendment and a federal marriage amendment arguing the brilliant case that to drive the issues to the states like John McCain would want to, is to make morality geographical. That is what slavery was! But no- we opted out and took the lie of elect-ability. There was no clear prophetic clarity in the body of Christ and so we settle for that which can neither give us a true plumb line of righteousness or a measuring line of justice and we perpetrate the ongoing moral confusion that threatens to drown this nation and bring about a complete collapse of character. (I am deeply concerned about the immigration issue and am praying that Huckabee would take much more of a compassionate stand for illegal immigrants. Still my stand of conscience is upon the foundations of life and marriage.)

But it is not over; the word was that if the church would pray the next president would come in a brown bag and his five loaves and two fish would be more than enough. Mitt Romney has dropped out of the race. If the church would rise up with one voice in prayer and in voting a Godly man whom I have had the privilege to personally spend time with now and who stands on the values of marriage and life upon which civilizations rise and fall could still be elected. And even yet if we pray God may do other things that no one could have expected. For He raises up kings and He brings them down. So I lay before you my convictions but I don’t lay them upon you. But here I stand I can do no other.

For America,

Lou Engle

Statement made by James Dobson on February 5, 2008:

"I'm deeply disappointed the Republican Party seems poised to select a nominee who did not support a constitutional amendment to protect the institution of marriage, who voted for embryonic stem cell research to kill nascent human beings, who opposed tax cuts that ended the marriage penalty, and who has little regard for freedom of speech, who organized the Gang of 14 to preserve filibusters, and has a legendary temper and often uses foul and obscene language… I cannot, and will not, vote for Sen. John McCain, as a matter of conscience.”

"But what a sad and melancholy decision this is for me and many other conservatives. Should Sen. McCain capture the nomination as many assume, I believe this general election will offer the worst choices for president in my lifetime. I certainly can't vote for Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama based on their virulently anti-family policy positions. If these are the nominees in November, I simply will not cast a ballot for president for the first time in my life. These decisions are my personal views and do not represent the organization with which I am affiliated. They do reflect my deeply held convictions about the institution of the family, about moral and spiritual beliefs, and about the welfare of our country."

James Dobson’s endorsement of Huckabee on February 7, 2008:

“The remaining candidate for whom I could vote is Governor Huckabee,” Dobson said. “His unwavering positions on the social issues, notably the institution of marriage, the importance of faith and the sanctity of human life, resonate deeply with me and with many others … Obviously, the governor faces an uphill struggle, given the delegates already committed to Senator McCain. Nevertheless, I believe he is our best remaining choice for president of the United States.”

Lou Engle’s final statement:

“I have heard such scathing comments against James Dobson from the body of Christ for his stand. Be careful you may be among those who stone the prophets. The great abolitionist heroes of the past were not known nor are now heralded by history for their political equivocation.”

3 comments:

ryanshaunkelly said...

barack obama mike huckabee vs machine

huckabee obama:
we understand your disgust.
subversion of democracy.

know this:
gravel kucinich paul nader
will fight any ticket
with clinton or mccain on it.

your eyes & ears are open...

Mike Gravel Dennis Kucinich Dr Ron Paul Ralph Nader
united by truth elicit fear smear blacklist.

Too many lies,
democracy rising democracy now.
Rage against the machine.

Honesty compassion intelligence guts.

No more extortion blackmail bribery division.
Divided we fall.

Danny Vice said...

I have no qualm against Huckabee and actually prefer him over McCain, however there are serious problems coming out of this ongoing assault on McCain…. And to believe he isn’t going to be the nominee is simply putting your head in the sand.

This dual campaign (as righteous as it may sound) is depleting valuable resources we desperately need to catch up to the resources that are now available to rabidly liberal, extreme leftists who are clobbering us in voter turn out – and have a storehouse of campaign money that dwarfs ours.

Rabid liberals are out-pacing us at the polls two to one.... and Obama has millions upon millions of dollars stored up to railroad any conservative message on the air waves.

This election is going to be a landslide, if conservatives don't wake up and stop playing footsie with this issue. We have an enormous amount of work to do, to even get to a point of being competitive.

While our grass roots are end-fighting, throwing hissie fits over McCain not being conservative enough, liberals are entrenching, storing up millions, and solidifying it's extreme liberal base.

Liberals have vowed to undo every conservative accomplishment it can - and they will have the political clout to get much of it done - since conservatives want to have a pity party over McCain.

If Conservatives must be dragged to the polls with nose plugs, while liberals are turning out in droves, what do you suppose the outcome will be?

Some want to punish McCain, but instead only punish us all with 4 to 8 years of extreme liberalism that’s in control of the senate, house and now the White House.

If liberals overtake our entire government, Conservatives will be in no position to complain. It's lack of enthusiasm and threats of staying home on election day, pretty much will secure this fate.

The damage that will ensue over the next 4 to 8 years won't be the liberals fault. It will be our fault by throwing temper tantrums instead of doing everything possible to oppose an Obama election. I see no conservative principal in THAT!

Danny Vice
http://thalunatic.blogspot.com
http://weeklyvice.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

I understand your points and they are quite valid. That being said, I still can't hold my nose and vote for McCain. I just cannot vote for someone like him. I still believe in miracles and even if Huckabee isn't the nominee, I will still write-in my vote for him. I don't want a democrat in office either, but McCain is just as much of a democrat as they are. If we would all just stand together and keep supporting Huckabee, we could STILL get him in the white house - with or without the Republican nomination!! :)

I'm not known for being logical in every sense of the word. Many thought that Huckabee didn't have a chance at all when I began supporting him - but he has gotten this far and he's still going!! God can do anything and I believe in miracles. :) I may be crazy and I may be a dreamer, but it gives me more hope to cling to the dream then to accept the reality of a liberal white house under Obama, Hillary, and yes, even McCain!!