Pages

Monday, February 11, 2008

A Weekend To Remember: Day 2

Saturday began day two of my eventful weekend. Mitch and I went to a legislative action forum at Concordia Theological Seminary early in the morning. Indiana state senator David Long and representatives Randy Borror and Matt Bell were in attendance as well as Congressman Mark Souder. Senator Dennis Kruse arrived late to the forum where he made a few comments before he had to leave again.

The purpose of the forum was to educate and inform those in attendance about the pro-life legislation in Indiana as well as updates on progress. I won’t go into deep detail, but I will say we have some very fine men representing pro-life values!! Praise God for their dedication and commitment!! And, even though these men aren’t my personal local representatives, I sure do appreciate their leadership!! I appreciate that they took the time to meet with so many of us and that they take the time to assist in the mission of the Allen County Right to Life. Keep them in your prayers!

And, speaking of prayer, it is worth mentioning that my own state senator, David Ford, is currently battling cancer. It doesn’t look good, but he is doing much better than expected. Your prayers for yet another wonderful pro-life representative are needed!!

This meeting was a call to action. And, as evidenced here, being involved at a local level is vitally important!! If progress can be made at a local and state level, it paves the way for changes nationally. Therefore, it’s imperative that we get involved!! The men at the forum made it very clear that they want to hear from us and that they want our input and encouragement as well. So, make your voices heard!! That is what they are there for!! We need to let our strong convictions be a motivating force that leads us to action; and pray that our witness will inspire others to get involved as well!!

After the forum, I had a few other events of the day. Though, one in particular, I cannot publicly disclose at this point. Though, I will ask if I could please have your prayers for a certain unnamed request. It’s of great importance. When the time is right, I will be sure to share what this is all about, but I won’t be able to do so without your prayers!! The more you pray, the sooner the answers will come and when they do, THEN I will be able to share what the fruit of your prayers have done!!

Aside from my unnamed event, I have a couple more eventful things that I want to share. One being that I met one of the members of the Fort Wayne Sparkpeople group!! We met at the Olive Garden and had a great time talking and fellowshipping!! I look forward to meeting her again and to meeting others in the group!!

Well, day two rounded out well with a quick swim at the hotel pool (and I mean REALLY quick because the water was fairly cold!! LOL). Then, we went back to our room to watch the results of the primary voting. I was pleasantly unsurprised by Mike Huckabee’s victories. The media still didn’t see that one coming; even after all this time. LOL It’s rather humorous. Ha ha. Although, the way things are turning out so far, it still has people scoffing about Huckabee’s chances. Even Mark Souder sounded rather pessimistic at the forum earlier in the day when the election came up. He even said that he and others “can’t stand Huckabee.” I was surprised and disappointed by that, but what can you expect from a Washington politician? Regardless, however, Mark Souder has my respect. And, it motivated me all the more to support Huckabee no matter what!! My faith is stronger than their politics!! I’m a huck of a believer!! In fact, when I was getting my hair done for the banquet, there was a fellow who came in asking who’s “Huckabee Van” was out there (our van has bumper stickers and chalk paint all over it!). I proudly raised my hand and said, “MINE!“ I asked him if he was a supporter too and he said he was not. He said he was actually a supporter of Ron Paul and thought he was rather supportive; but after seeing my van, he realized what a true supporter was. Wow!! What a compliment!! It made me feel a little bad for laughing at him; though I had apologized for doing so. LOL Sorry, I couldn‘t help it. The very mention of Ron Paul makes me laugh. (Ok, I know there are people reading that may support Ron Paul - or some other candidate - and that’s ok. If you hate me for my political views, that’s fine. We are all entitled to believe what we want to and respectfully disagree without any harsh words or foul language. You all know how die-hard I am about Huckabee, by now).

Anyways, no one even thought Mike Huckabee would get this far; but he has!! And, there are those that still think that he doesn’t have a chance; but he DOES!! He is proving that time after time - especially now that Romney is out and Dr. Dobson has finally endorsed Mike Huckabee. These are HUGE answers to prayer that I had been praying for, as a matter of fact, and seeing God’s answers to my prayers is very encouraging to me!! God is great and He can make anything happen!! I believe in miracles and if that makes me naïve and foolish then so be it!! I’ll believe even when things don’t make sense!! After all, we know that God uses the foolish to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27). So, if Mark Souder and others in the forum think I am a young naïve little “kid” so be it. I’m going to believe and support Mike Huckabee anyways; because it’s the right thing to do as a Christian.

Anyways, that was the end of the day on Saturday. I was disappointed by the fact that even though Mike Huckabee won Louisiana, he doesn’t even get the delegates since he didn’t get a 50% or better majority. (Yeah, and we all know why!! Same situation as was in South Carolina!!). They go “uncommitted” to the convention. Bummer! Well, at least he gets Kansas!!

I’ll remain hopeful and a die-hard Huckagirl no matter what!! There is always hope!!

No comments: